When Facebook bought Instagram, it had only 30 million users. Now Instagram has 1billion monthly active users. The United States has 121m users on Instagram. Over 40 billion photos have been shared on the platform. Instagram usage is doubled between June 2016 and 2018. The biggest demographic group are males between 18-24 and 60.4% of all users are aged between 18 & 24. Instagram is the most popular social media platform among young users. This research explores the negative effect of Instagram on young users. According to a survey by royal society by public health, Instagram is the worst social media network for mental health and wellbeing. Instagram was associated with high levels of anxiety, depression, bullying, and “fear of missing out.”
The focus of the research is to discover the relationship between young users of Instagram and anxiety.
• The research focuses on answer following important questions:
• How anxiety is related to Instagram?
• Are there any negative effects of Instagram other than anxiety?
• What plays a key role in triggering anxiety?
• What is the average use of Instagram among young users in a day?
• Is there a relationship between average use of Instagram and anxiety?
• What group of users are more likely to be get affected by Instagram?